Patient privacy is important to us. BloodSTAR has been designed from the ground-up to implement best practice privacy controls and is fully compliant with the Privacy Act (Cwlth).
An analysis of the privacy issues related to the Immunoglobulin Governance National Policy and the supporting online system BloodSTAR was performed prior to implementation, and the privacy impact assessment report, approved by the National Blood Authority (NBA) General Manager provides the detail on governance, management, security and technical governance measures in place for the immunoglobulin governance program and, in particular, the immunoglobulin system development to support it.
- BloodSTAR Privacy Impact Assessment Report (890.26 KB) (pdf)
- BloodSTAR Privacy Impact Assessment Report (528.65 KB) (docx)
The Privacy Statement and Notice explains how the National Blood Authority manages personal and sensitive information it collects about patients and has been developed to support the consent process. The consent form has been designed to allow the patient to voluntarily provide express consent to the collection and storage of their personal and sensitive health information in BloodSTAR and to the usual uses and disclosures as set out in the Privacy Statement and Notice.
- Privacy Statement and Notice (pdf) (241.09 KB)
- Privacy Statement and Notice (docx) (116.39 KB)
- Patient Privacy Consent Form (pdf) (228.19 KB)
- Patient Privacy Consent form (docx) (1.06 MB)