Red cell diagnostic products are used for testing to establish the blood group of human red cells, detect red cell antibodies, and to control, standardise and validate routine haematology tests.
The National Blood Authority (NBA) has a standing offer arrangement with the following four suppliers to supply Red Cell Diagnostic Products to 30 June 2022:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Grifols Australia
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
Download contact list below for supplier details:
- Supplier contact details for placing orders for Red Cell Diagnostic Products (pdf) (90.69 KB)
- Supplier contact details for placing orders for Red Cell Diagnostic Products (docx) (14.3 KB)
The standing offer provides public pathology laboratories with a wide choice of products and the ability to procure the most appropriate diagnostic blood products at competitive prices, quality and service levels.
The standing offer lists red cell diagnostic products that are used in blood typing and cross matching laboratory tests. These tests ensure that when a person needs a blood transfusion, they receive blood that is compatible with their own.
- Red Cell Diagnostic Product List (pdf) (130.43 KB)
- Red Cell Diagnostic Product List (xlsx) (43.39 KB)
Details about the operation of the arrangements can be found in the Operating Procedures:
- Operating Procedures - Supply of Red Cell Diagnostic Products (pdf) (736.61 KB)
- Operating Procedures - Supply of Red Cell Diagnostic Products (docx) (2.91 MB)
Changes to the product list or other updates will be posted on this site as they occur.
For more information
For enquiries or further details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.