Red Cell Diagnostic Products – Extension of existing arrangements until 30 June 2024
The supply of Red Cell Diagnostic Products (RCDP) to public laboratories under existing standing offer contracts managed by the National Blood Authority (NBA) has been extended until 30 June 2024.
Red cell diagnostic products are used for testing to establish the blood group of human red cells, detect red cell antibodies, and to control, standardise and validate routine haematology tests.
The National Blood Authority (NBA) has a extended its standing offer arrangement with the following four suppliers to supply Red Cell Diagnostic Products to 30 June 2024.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Grifols Australia
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
Download contact list below for supplier details:
- Supplier contact details for placing orders for Red Cell Diagnostic Products (pdf) (90.69 KB)
- Supplier contact details for placing orders for Red Cell Diagnostic Products (docx) (14.3 KB)
The standing offer lists red cell diagnostic products that are used in blood typing and cross matching laboratory tests. These tests ensure that when a person needs a blood transfusion, they receive blood that is compatible with their own.
Details about the operation of the arrangements can be found in the Operating Procedures:
- Operating Procedures - Supply of Red Cell Diagnostic Products (pdf) (736.61 KB)
- Operating Procedures - Supply of Red Cell Diagnostic Products (docx) (2.91 MB)
Changes to the product list or other updates will be posted on this site as they occur.
For more information
Public pathology laboratories should direct any queries to their state or territory department of health in the first instance.
For other enquiries or further details please email: email@example.com.